Rainbow Fish Mosaic - Children will learn about the mosaic as an art form, and then create their very own fish mosaics!
An Activity for Preschoolers (Ages 4-5)
- To introduce mosaic as a form of art
- To develop fine motor skills
- To explore color and shape
Before You Start:
Demonstrate a finished piece of mosaic artwork (this could be a teacher-prepared example of this project). Have on hand the following materials: construction paper, glue, mosaic tiles in various colors and shapes, craft rhinestones, markers and crayons or colored pencils.
Create a fish shape by drawing a large oval and triangle on a sheet of construction paper.
Outline the fish shape with mosaic tiles, and then fill in the fish shape with more mosaic pieces. Be creative in your choice of shapes and colors.
If desired, once the fish is complete, use markers, crayons or other craft materials to create background details such as sand, sea weed, water, small fish, etc.
You may combine children's fish mosaics onto a large sheet of butcher paper to create a colorful class ocean!
- Colorations® Construction Paper Smart Pack - 600 Sheets
- Large Translucent Mosaic Craft Tiles - 1 lb.
- Wood Mosaic Squares - 1000 Pieces
- 570 Glittering Craft Rhinestones
- Colorations® Super Washable Chubby Markers - Set of 8
- Colorations® Stubby Chubby Colored Pencils - Set of 48
- Chubby Crayons - Set of 40
- 1.25 oz. Colorations® Washable School Glue